The Hellenic Chapter of ASHRAE is organising on Thursday December 10, 2015, at the Athens Ledra Hotel, a technical seminar on the new EU legislation on Ecodesign and Energy Labelling that is already mandatory on Heating and Hot Water Production (from boilers, heat pumps and solar) and will be required on Ventilation and Air Conditioning units from January 1, 2016.
There is world-wide demand for more efficient products to reduce energy and resource consumption. The EU legislation on Ecodesign and energy labelling is an effective tool for improving the energy efficiency of products. It helps eliminate the least performing products from the market, significantly contributing to the EU’s 2020 energy efficiency objective. At the same time, it supports industrial competitiveness and innovation by promoting the better environmental performance of products throughout the Internal Market.
Why Ecodesign is important
• as part of the sustainable product policy, Ecodesign helps optimise the energy and resource consumption of business goods and household appliances, while preserving competitiveness
• Ecodesign fosters innovation, as Regulations adopted under the Ecodesign Directive push manufacturers to make products more energy and resource efficient;
• Ecodesign is particularly important for Key Enabling Technologies and Advanced Manufacturing as it helps these specialised sectors be more competitive.
The legal framework
• Ecodesign Directive – provides consistent EU-wide rules for improving the environmental performance of products, such as household appliances, information and communication technologies or engineering. The Directive sets out minimum mandatory requirements for energy efficiency of these products. This helps prevent creation of barriers to trade, improve product quality and environmental protection.
• Energy Labelling Directive – may complement those Ecodesign requirements with mandatory labelling requirements.
CEO Thermogaz S.A.
Ecodesign for Heating and Domestic Hot Water
Systemair Hellas S.A.
Ecodesign Ventilation Units